Friday 30 January 2009

Health Professional Body-count

With my long-awaited referral to a neuropsychologist finally coming through and my work leave sheet bursting with hospital and GP appointments, I thought it might be amusing to tot up the number of health professionals I have met regarding my MS since last summer.
  • Phlebotomists - 5
  • Neurologists - 4
  • General Practitioners - 4
  • Radiologists - 4
  • Practice Nurses - 2
  • Ward Nurses - 1
  • MS Nurses - 1
  • Physiotherapists - 1
  • Neuropsychologists - 1
  • Occupational Health Nurse - 1
So without including pharmacists, medical students, drug company staff, couriers, receptionists, admin staff, haematologists and other backroom staff - a grand total of 24 healthcare professionals have been involved in caring for my MS face-to-face to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment