Thursday 15 January 2009

Relapse spotting

Well, I guess this goes to show how difficult it can be to spot a relapse, sometimes.

I spoke to H (my nurse) today about the optic neuritis and heavy legs that I have been experiencing over the last few days. She thought the optic neuritis sounded like I was experiencing a small relapse, but the heavy legs and the 'cactus gloves' I am wearing may be related to coming off Gabapentin.

I am to "take it easy and see how I get on"

I thought I would make a list of things that had flared up over the last month or so:
  • optic neuritis - lights in my vision (currently) and pain when moving my eyes (last Friday to Sunday)
  • stiff heavy legs - currently finding it difficult to walk (up hills especially)
  • foot switching itself on and off repeatedly - hot then normal then hot etc. (before Christmas)
  • the same foot going excessively cold
  • occasional tinnitus - right ear (since early December)
  • dizziness - no vertigo head rush, yet, but I lost my balance a couple of times today and either bumped into things or nearly fell over
  • my head has gone tingly a couple of times
  • I felt very lethargic on a number of occasions since the New Year, but nothing I would class as chronic fatigue
  • an increase in the amount of insects who seem to want to escape from my feet

I can go to hospital to be checked over and prescribed more steroids if I need them. I don't really want to do that, though. H also advised that I take some time off if I feel any more crap than I do now, and I don't really see that happening either.

Strangely, as I typed this, I experienced a tightness across my chest that may or may not be the "MS hug."

No comments:

Post a Comment