Tuesday 23 December 2008

The morning after... groan!

I felt very rough this morning. All my joints ached and I even felt a bit nauseous. I injected at 10.40ish last night. I woke at around 2am to see to one of my children when I felt groggy with sleep but fine otherwise. I finally woke up at 6.30 this morning and felt as though I had been hit by a truck. I guess this is the flu like symptoms. I also noticed I was sensitive to different temperatures. My daughter's cold hands and the too hot shower water both sent my nerves screaming.

Luckily I had a blood test this morning, so I didn't have to go to work so early and was able to go back to bed for 15 minutes after breakfast.

My blood made a nice squirty noise as it filled one of the test tubes. Both the nurse and I smiled. She said she'd had an 'interesting' morning collecting blood from the mental health wards saying she was always a little worried in this situation - that there might be gruesome noises to freak the patients out.

A combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol are helping me ride it out. My next injection is due on Christmas Eve, but I might delay this by a day - I don't want to be ill on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment