Tuesday 16 December 2008

Physio optimism

I have a physio appointment on Thursday this week. I wasn't expecting it, but I had a letter informing me about it at the weekend. The clinic is round the corner from my home.

I've got time off work to go and I'm looking forward to it. I hope they can have a look at the rock hard muscle round lumbar number 4 while they're at it. It doesn't give me any problems, but I pulled my back picking leaves up a few years ago and the nurse who did my lumbar puncture said it was so hard it was impossible to get a needle through. So something is obviously not right still. I expect they will talk to me about exercises and stretching to prevent spasticity and stiffness. They might want to look at the way I walk with my dodgy foot and leg as well.

I wouldn't mind trying something like t'ai chi. I could probably get it on the NHS. Yoga is a definite no, though. Last time I tried it I couldn't stop giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment