Thursday 11 December 2008

Uninvited MonSter

People talk about fighting MS, there's even a Facebook group (of which I am admittedly a member) titled "Fight Multiple Sclerosis" but I don't know if I can agree with that. I don't think you can fight it, better to learn to live with it, accept it is happening and live your life regardless.

I often think that having MS is like having an uninvited monster (mine resembles Sweetums from the Muppet Show) living in your house, sitting on your chest as you lie in bed in the morning, following you to work, demanding a piggy back when you are walking up hill etc...

It's impossible to get this monster to leave - it's here to stay so better to try and house-train it. Tame it a bit. Tranquilise it with drugs. Learn some techniques to manage it - that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment